The navigation server NAVIGO allows you to view websites and emails from the workstations
without them accessing to Internet
The navigation software "Firefox" and the email client "Thunderbird" run on the server NAVIGO,
which sends to the workstation just the graphic screen of such applications.
In this way, the workstations can not be infected by any malware or virus
contained in the web pages or emails,
as the applications are run on the server NAVIGO, that is configured to be really secure and hard to infect.
In Navigo, each user has its own profile and workspace
, separated and protected from the other workspaces.
NAVIGO can also operate as a proxy server
, so it can filter and trace the internet browsing.
It's also possible to adjust the exchange of files between the local network and the Internet,
without the need of distinct workstations and surfing stations.
In addition, the centralized email and area management greatly simplifies the backup of the workspaces
Fields of application:
- Networks where it's crucial the proper functioning and the cleanliness of the workstations
- Environments where it is necessary the frequent backup of emails
- Where it is necessary to filter and track the accesses to the internet
- Scenarios where it is necessary to prevent or limit the exchange of files between the internal network and the Internet
- When it is necessary to separate the navigation profile and email from the configuration of the physical workstation
Features and benefits:
- The workstations don't have any access to Internet
- The workstations don't run the email client and the Internet browser
- The user work areas are separated from each other
- Allow the fast and easy backup of all work areas
- The built-in Web Proxy allows you to configure the users navigation profiles
- It supports the creation of multiple network shares
- It's possibile to adjust the traffic of files between the local network and Internet
- NAVIGO with its administration panel
- Web Proxy with its administration panel
- Network printer spooler with its administration panel (CUPS)
- Firefox and Thunderbird
- Open Office
- File Manager
Workstation minimum requirements:
- Intel Pentium 4, 2.5 GHz
- 512 MB of Ram
- 150 MB of available disk space
- Gigabit ethernet adapter
- Windows XP or newer, 32 and 64 bit
- Mac OS X
Navigo is available in different configurations depending on the customer needs. Disk space, CPU, RAM, the
number of network interfaces and other system specifications can be tuned according to the number of users and expected load
A powerful hardware configuration can handle up to 100 concurrent users.
The installed software can be customized per customer needs, adding proprietary, commercial and open source software
The main requirement is that the software can be executed in Linux, in the details the feasibility will be determined case-by-case.
Please, contact us
for more in depth technical specifications, case analysis
and commercial information.